So this year my school is under construction. This gave me an idea.......rut row......Why not redesign my classroom since it will be empty at the beginning of the year? I have been finding lots of great "creative" ideas on Pinterest (yeah I know, who isn't? That website is AMAZING!) and I want to rethink the space, not just redesign it. So this project is the first of several this summer. I'm creating more defined areas in my classroom, each with a purpose. Each area needs a sign doesn't it? So I started with chalkboards from Joann's, Damask ribbon from Michael's and good ol' painters tape and lime green spray paint.
First up the wood frames on the chalkboards got a coat of paint.
Next step was to attach ribbon. I didn't have a staple gun so I decided to give E6000 a try! Holy Moly that glue is CRAZY STRONG! I also finished off the ends of all the ribbon I cut with my trusty lighter.
After the ribbon was attached it was time to label the signs. I had several ideas, from vinyl letters cut out on the Cricut, to Scrapbook Alphabet Letters, but I really wanted something less permanent but would not easily smudge. I decided on a Crayola Window Marker. So far I'm happy with how it is working out. The only disappointment is that it isn't a cute font. I guess I should be happy I have good handwriting.
Three signs finished. One is shown hanging. Still need to write on three more, another Tech Services for my co-teacher. Struggling with the names for the other two areas........hmmmmm. It will come to me.......probably at 4 am when I'm not sleeping. =)
More on my crafting projects soon! If you want to get a sneak peek on my plans check out my Pinterest Redesign board.