Welcome to my Crafting Blog! I'm an avid Stamper, Scrapbooker and all things Crafty! I'm looking forward to sharing my crafting adventures with you!

Friday, December 27, 2013

Organizing Warranties & Manuals


A while back I found a fabulous organizing site online - Alejandra.tv
If you haven't seen it, check it out, specifically her video section......it's an organizing motherload!!! One of her videos talked about using Staples Better Binders to hold warranties & manuals.  Click here to watch the video.

I really liked how her binders turned out and since I was tired of looking at the stack of manuals that was about 4 inches high in my basement, I decided to make my own.  I bought 2 - 2" better binders from Staples that coordinated with some patterned scrapbook paper that I had on hand.  I got lots of the gusseted binder pockets and went to work organizing with my label maker and Post It Flags.

Binders & Sections in each:
  • Stuff that Comes with the House (stuff that most likely will not move with us, if and when we ever move)
    • Kitchen Appliances
    • Water Heater
    • Washer/Dryer
    • Heat/AC
  • Everything Else
    • Baby Items
    • Toys
    • Handheld Devices
    • Electronics
    • Appliances
    • Tools/Outdoor
Now when we get new items or we need warranty information or product proof of purchase, I know right where to look.  They also look much prettier than that stack of manuals.  =)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...