Welcome to my Crafting Blog! I'm an avid Stamper, Scrapbooker and all things Crafty! I'm looking forward to sharing my crafting adventures with you!

Friday, March 2, 2012

Embossing Folder Holder!

So Pinterest......oh dear, dear Pinterest.  You keep me up at night with all of your beautiful crafting ideas!

If you are a stamper, and have embossing folders to use in your Big Shot you may have the same issue that I have.  Just how to do you store them?  Up until today mine have been flying around in a 12x12 drawer.  I've got so many these days that it is getting hard to find them when I need one!

Enter Pinterest!  I saw this idea and immediately I was like OMG, I HAVE to make THAT!
I went to Michaels the next afternoon in search of the tin!  Score! It was on clearance and marked down to $1.99 (I ended up buying 4!)  Combine that with my Teacher ID and I think I got another 15-20% off!

Currently I'm still working on mine.  Haven't gotten it just right.  However, when I mentioned it to my mom, she was interested in one too!  So I made her one this evening.  Below are the photos of how it turned out!

Plain White Tin wrapped in DSP Tempting Turquoise Paper


Add some Ribbon and Buttons



Dots Folder


Stripes Folder

Folders in the Tin 
I have 3 more I need to make for my mom but she has some folders that I don't have.  So I'll have to make them at her place this weekend.

Finished Tin!


From another angle

Supplies Used:
  • Paper/Colors: Melon Mambo, Pear Pizazz, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
  • Top Note Die
  • Pear Pizazz Pleated Ribbon
  • Triple Treat Flower
  • Brights DSP and Buttons
  • Tags Punch


3 comments:

  1. I probably have way too many folders to fit into this size tin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, You would be surprised how many fit in the tin! Which is why I bought two for myself, but I'm feeling more and more like I will only need 1. I'll bring it by next time I see you and you can take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute file holder!! I wanted to email you back, and answer your question about my lamp... but you are set to noreply-comment. I searched and found you though. Thanks for stopping by my blog! The lamp is from Target, I got it a couple of years ago. I love damask print!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...