Welcome to my Crafting Blog! I'm an avid Stamper, Scrapbooker and all things Crafty! I'm looking forward to sharing my crafting adventures with you!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My First Sketch Challenge #184

 So lately I've been looking at some different blogs that do weekly challenges.  I have decided to try to do at least one a week as part of my New Year's Resolution.  This week I played along with Stamping 411 and their Saturday Sketch.  I tried to use a technique that I haven't used much lately so I broke out my sponges and sponged the edge on the single flower image.  I ended up not adding a hanging tag but I'm pretty happy with the way the rest of the card turned out, especially the color combination which I saw on another blog but can't find it now to link it!  This card has also been added to my current Birthday Card Pack.

 The Sketch
 My Card
Another view

Stamps: Awash with Flowers, Curvy Verses
Paper: So Saffron, Soft Suede, Whisper White
Ink: So Saffron, Tangerine Tango, Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Bashful Blue, 
Baja Breeze, Old Olive, & Soft Suede
Punch: Modern Label, Border Punch
Pink Flower Eyelet

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful soft colors, and I love that you made your own dsp for the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kerin! I have to admit these are by far all of my favorite colors minus Certainly Celery. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - so soft and lovely! Thanks for playing along with the 411 this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful colors for your card! Welcome back to crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors you've chosen. I need to pull this set out and explore as you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking about this set, just this week! You did it proud! I'm going to pull mine off the shelf and start playing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! You've shown just how wonderful it is to stamp. You've used one stamp set to create both the focal image and the background paper. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...