Welcome to my Crafting Blog! I'm an avid Stamper, Scrapbooker and all things Crafty! I'm looking forward to sharing my crafting adventures with you!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Saving $ on Crafts

I'm always looking for ways to save $ on Crafting Items.  This is key when you are making homemade gifts, especially around the holidays!

In the past I have used apps on my Smartphone such as the Michael's, Jo Ann's, and GeoQPons to help me save $ on one item that I'm purchasing.  I usually buy only a few items at a time and in the end don't save all that I could.  Enter my new friend: competitor coupons.  =)

I saw this post on Pinterest a while back.  Seemed simple enough.  Well things have changes with Michaels since I first saw it and as a Michael's addict I'm slightly perturbed but you know what.....if they don't want my business I will take it elsewhere.

Enter JoAnn's.  We have a Superstore near where I work so it has a very good selection of most items I would need to purchase.  So today I went into JoAnn's with the following list:

Glass Jar/Vase
Sticks (didn't have what I wanted)
Fall Ribbon - Got two spools
Fall Scrapbook Paper - got a stack so I would have extra to share
Twine - got two small wraps
Cupcake Wrappers
Cupcake Box - only came in packs of 3 but I have more now for this project again
Coloring Book for T - Not on the list but it was $1.

Total for this before coupons was $47.00!!!  Insane.

Enter My Coupons - before leaving my house I went through all the local papers and cut out the printed coupons from flyers for Michaels, JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby.  Then I went on all three websites and printed all the coupons I could online as well.  Finally I checked my JoAnn's App on my SmartPhone for coupons there.  Here is what I ended up saving.

50% off one item (Michaels printed flyer coupon)
40% off one item (JoAnn's printed flyer coupon)
40% off one item (Hobby Lobby Internet coupon)
50% off one item (JoAnn's SmartPhone app coupon)
40% off one item (JoAnn's SmartPhone app coupon)
25% off your entire purchase (JoAnn's Internet coupon)

AND I got to USE THEM ALL in ONE Transaction!  Key at JoAnn's is as long as they have a unique barcode you can use them.

I saved a total of $20 making my total $27 which is a 43% savings on my entire purchase.

So this self-confessed Michael's addict may just have become a JoAnn's Girl!



1 comment:

  1. no you are what i like to call my extreme couponing friend :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...