Welcome to my Crafting Blog! I'm an avid Stamper, Scrapbooker and all things Crafty! I'm looking forward to sharing my crafting adventures with you!

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I have a confession.....

So my biggest confession yet.  I'm a messy person.

Those of you that know me from work are probably SHOCKED right now.  Well.....to be the awesome, talented and fabulous teacher and classroom organizer that I am, something has to give.  Well the house.....it gave.....and then gave some more.  I can lie and say I really don't know how it happened....or I can be honest and say I just gave up.

Today I choose honesty.  I gave up.  Now for the most part the areas in the house where Taylor spends her time are cleaned.  But the areas that she never goes.....well those areas are awful.  And quite frankly, it's my fault.  I can't blame it on anyone but me.

I've been sick the last few days and have been home in the house when it is at rest.  While refreshing,  I don't think I've been home all day by myself in over two years, you start to see things you don't necessarily notice (or choose to ignore) when you are rushing around after a two year old or you are making dinner, or you are just putting on Caillou to have a few minutes (11 or 22 to be exact) of quiet.  I'm not proud of what I have noticed.

This post is more for me than anyone else. But thank you to those who are reading...... Blogging about this is my way of holding myself accountable for my plan of action.  So my plan for 2013 is to organize my house.

Each month I'm going to tackle 1 area of the house.  Tear it apart, reorganize it, put it back together and keep it together.  I'm going to buy my iPad earlier than expected, meaning I might have to settle for the 7 inch version and download the Motivated Mom's app that is expensive (for apps anyway) and follow their weekly chore schedule.  Along the way I hope to share photos, ideas, inspiration for what I'm going for and in the end hopefully this time next year I'll have a nice clean house to share.  I'll probably at that point own stock in the Container Store as well!

So  I took some photos today and I have a few to share.......Please turn away if you don't like to see Messy Houses!
The dreaded bookshelves.  They need some reorganization if the hubby will let me.
At the very least I need to scale down the knicknacks.

The table.....right now doesn't look too shabby. 
We I need to keep it that way.

Go through and purge DVD's.  We have over 500.

We got this new island for the kitchen, right now it is doing nothing but taking up space.  
Need to make it functional.

Oh LORD!  The dreaded mail and communication station.  
This one could take a whole month itself.

Wonder why the table is clean?  
Here is the rest of what was on the table.

Come up with a plan for this closet.  Most of the stuff up top are things we take outside to play.
Need better grab and go options!


Switch out the bookcase.  It's old and falling apart.

Taylor's room - Looking GREAT!

Well the closet needs a big overhaul.  

Oh and the finale......my side of the bedroom.  

So now you know my confession.  And now it is time for me to own up to my plan of reorganizing the mess that I have created.

Soon I'm going to make a monthly plan and share my 2013 Organize my House Board from Pinterest.

Try not to hold my messy house against me......=)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...