Welcome to my Crafting Blog! I'm an avid Stamper, Scrapbooker and all things Crafty! I'm looking forward to sharing my crafting adventures with you!

Friday, December 28, 2012

Let the Organizing Begin!

2013 isn't here yet, but I'm starting on a few small projects around the house to get myself moving.  Today was a fun trip to the Container Store for some lovely items!  Tonight after T went to bed, I tackled a very small task.

THE MAKEUP DRAWER!

The drawers in our one and only bathroom are so narrow!  So originally it looked something like this. A big pile of makeup!


BTW I love Bare Escentuals Makeup!  An investment in the beginning but now I very rarely have to buy anything, it LASTS FOREVER!

Now it has been updated and the makeup is organized by where it goes on my face.  I probably could have gotten another one of the larger trays pictured for the odd and end items in the back that I don't use that often.  There are three main compartments: face, cheeks/lips, and eyes.




These acrylic trays are great for narrow spaces and they are easy to clean.  They were relatively inexpensive as well.  Get yours from the Container Store!


One thing I have heard over and over the last few weeks as I've been researching and learning about being organized is finding a way for you to SEE all your stuff.  If you don't see it you won't use it.  By organizing my makeup this way, I can see EVERYTHING!  Plus it is organized by how I put on my makeup!  Brushes are kept in the pouch on the side.  Not my first choice but I don't want to put them on the counter so for now they will stay there.  It works!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...