Welcome to my Crafting Blog! I'm an avid Stamper, Scrapbooker and all things Crafty! I'm looking forward to sharing my crafting adventures with you!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I {heart} Pinterest!

So I've been on Pinterest for several months now.  But it seems that in the last 6 weeks it has really taken off.  I simply can't get enough of the website!!!  It's addicting!  I suffer from Pinsomnia quite often.....



Carrie's Simple Definition: Instead of bookmarking a website to a list in your browser, you are making a bookmark (i.e. pin) using an image from that page as a visual bookmark in a gallery (i.e. boards).


I now have over 1,000 pins!  YOWZA!


First time user?  Request an invite or get a friend to invite you......I guarantee if you are on Facebook or Twitter and you put out a message asking to be invited you will have an invite from a friend before too long.  Or you can always go directly to Pinterest and request an invite (this takes a little longer).

Start Small!  I began by following everyone in my friends list.  What my friends were "pinning" would show up when I logged in and if I liked something I would repin.  Occasionally, I would search in the Everything Menu for more.



Branch Out ~ Before you know it, you will be hooked....Now I find myself looking at strangers boards who are pinning things that I am interested in and following those boards.  When you get really comfortable, start pinning things you find online in your travels.  If you download the "Pin It" tool, it makes it so easy!



Don't be afraid to Unfollow!  It's Not Personal!  I unfollow boards all the time.  I know several people who post pictures of "hot guys, fashion, makeup, etc." These are things I won't be repinning so why clog my feed with it, I simply unfollow these particular boards and move along my merry way.



I'm a visual person so Pinterest works well for me, especially as a crafter.  It provides me with a visually appealing way to keep track of all of those FABULOUS craft ideas I come across in my travels online for later use.


Case in Point - Back in October, my daycare provider bought a new home.  I wanted to give her a housewarming gift but money was really tight.  Armed with Pinterest, I found an idea!


And then I implemented it........


I think it turned out pretty well!  =)

It has really helped with keeping track of all of the beautiful card ideas that I find blog hopping TOO!


Pinterest + Google Reader = 1 Very Happy Carrie

If you haven't checked out Pinterest, I strongly urge you to!  But proceed with caution, it is easy to get sucked into!  =)   Pretty soon this will be you!

Happy Pinning!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahhahahahaha I love it! Great blog post by the way. That last pic is my favorite. Makes me laugh every time! Hahahaha happy pinning!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...