Welcome to my Crafting Blog! I'm an avid Stamper, Scrapbooker and all things Crafty! I'm looking forward to sharing my crafting adventures with you!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Will You Be My Valentine?

So I've been stamping some Valentine's cards using ideas that I have pinned on Pinterest.....my new favorite site.  Last night was great!  I made two cards that turned out so cute, that I didn't vary the original design at all!  Tonight, well scroll down, because that is a different story.



Ink: Real Read, Black Staz On, Baja Breeze
Stamps: Outlined Expressions, P.S. I Love You
Punches, Heart, Border Punch
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze, Real Red, Whisper White




Ink: Riding Hood Red, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
Punches: Heart
Embellishments: Stitched Ribbon, Bakers Twine

So tonight, I was all excited to stamp again.  I saw this really cute idea and saw it as a great opportunity to use some of my new items I just got in my recent order.

Cute Right?  Yes!!  I don't have the little heart embosslit, but I had a plan.  And I was off!

I cut my paper, started do use my new edgelit and embossing folders.....and that is where it went downhill quickly.  The edgelits kept sliding before I could get them into the Big Shot, My paper wouldn't line up, I embossed them in the wrong directions.....you name it, it happened.  This is how it ended......

Stamp Smudged!


Edge of paper torn up by Bakers Twine.

From a distance, it looks ok......

When I stamp I always make two cards.  This is the other one, not even going to try again.

So onward I went to make another card.  This one turned out much better.  Different flavor then your traditional valentines, but I'm pleased with how it turned out.



Ink: Basic Black, Pool Party, Lucky Limade, Calypso Coral, Regal Rose
Stamps: P.S. I Love You, I {Heart} Hearts
Punches: Word Window, Label
Paper, Lucky Limade, Crumb Cake, Vanilla, Everyday Enchantment DSP
Embellishment: Knockoff Pool Party Ribbon, Everyday Enchantment DSP Brad

So apparently, I was a little off.....now that I look at the pictures I see that I used the wrong color paper for the Be My Valentine sentiment on the card.....so I'll be fixing that sometime soon!

Hopefully tomorrow night I'll get two more card designs done and not have more frustrations.  I did learn a good bit about some of my new tools this evening.  Hopefully this new knowledge will help me to make better progress tomorrow night.

Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...