Welcome to my Crafting Blog! I'm an avid Stamper, Scrapbooker and all things Crafty! I'm looking forward to sharing my crafting adventures with you!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Classroom Redo - Craft Project Gone Awry!

So when I was at IKEA the other day, I got these cute little frames for my desk.  I figured at $1.99 they were a good buy.  I wanted to paint one green and leave the other two black.  This is where things went terribly awry!  The paint chipped right off at touch!  Then I turned it over.  More chipped paint!  So I started to take it off!  It came right off with my fingernail!  Lots of paint remnants.  Ugg.

Unpainted frame

It was a MESS!


All cleaned off and ready to start fresh.

Now that I was back to where I started, I sanded the frame with my sanding block to roughen it up.  Then I washed it down and let it dry well.  This time when I sprayed it with the spray paint, I used thin coats and sprayed it multiple times.  The finished product is much better!


So now I have 2 black frames and one green one.  I think my favorite photo of Taylor will go into the fancy green frame.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...