Welcome to my Crafting Blog! I'm an avid Stamper, Scrapbooker and all things Crafty! I'm looking forward to sharing my crafting adventures with you!

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Classroom Redo - Supply Bins

Another project that has been coming together and isn't very crafty are my supply bins for tables.  In the past I have used school boxes to hold pencils, crayons, and markers at each table for student use.  This past Spring I caught a great sale at the Target $ Spot on metal tins in Lime Green and Silver.  So I think I ended up getting about 15 total.  Since then I have been looking for just the right plate, platter, or other open bin to attach these tins to.  I originally was thinking a long rectangular plate, like a sushi plate, but these were too expensive when you need 4 or 5.  Then I was thinking maybe I could get a round plastic plate from the summer selections then I would just glue the bins to the plate to ensure that they didn't go anywhere.  No such luck.  Everything I found seemed SO BIG!  Not to mention Expensive!

Today at IKEA I struck gold, well almost.  I saw a display in an office room setup of these beautiful white plastic bins and they were $3.99 a piece.  SCORE!  I forgot my tins at home, so I was eyeballing whether they would fit.  Well these little bins proved more difficult to find in the Marketplace than I expected.  I had to get someone to help me (She was AWESOME BTW!) and even then it was difficult.  I ended up with 2 display bins that had sharpie marker on the bottom, like I care that part will be covered.  =)

I got my 5 bins home and they were PERFECT, well almost.


I wanted to put 3 tins in a bin.....well they don't quite fit.  Another .25" in any direction and I would have been fine.  I can cram them in there but it looks sloppy!


So then I though what about only 2 bins.  There that looks better!  Enter my next Genius Idea!


How about adding some of the left over ribbon from my chalkboards to the bin to make it a little prettier?

I figure the empty space can hold loose supplies like post-its and maybe some scissors, or even maybe flash drives?!?

What do you think?!?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...